Three Decades of Experience
With more than 35 years of experience in public accounting and business consulting, Bret Scholl, CPA and his team have experience providing not only traditional accounting services but many specialized business consulting services. Whether you need help as you're just getting your company started, you're looking for someone to advise you on the best structure to sell your business or have concerns somewhere in between our experienced professionals can help guide your success.
What's it like to work with us?
What is it like to work with us? We hope you will take a few minutes to explore our website so that you can get a sense of our approach to serving your needs and how we are different from many others in our profession.
You'll hear most CPA firms talk about accuracy, confidentiality, timeliness, etc. Certainly those are all qualities that are critically important but wouldn't you expect all those traditional traits from any long established consulting firm? Of course you do. And we do as well. So rather than ramble on about the obvious we would like to take this chance to tell you about why Scholl & Company, LLP is very different and should be your firm of choice.
What We've Achieved
Bret Scholl has been in the practice of public accounting since 1981, receiving his Certified Public Accounting credential in 1984. In 1985, Bret started his own accounting and business consulting practice which he continues to lead today.
Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) State of California, Certificate 39691E, issued January 27, 1984
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Diplomat of the American Board of Forensic Accounting (DABFA)
- Fellow of the American College of Forensic Examiners International
- Member of the American College of Forensic Examiners International
- Member of the Construction Financial Management Association
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Formerly Licensed Real Estate Sales Person, State of California
- Qualified as expert witness in Superior Court
- Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- Over 750 published columns and articles in the fields of business management, taxation, accounting, finance and computers. Published or interviewed for publication in the following.
- Computers in Accounting (Accounting Technology)
- Gannett Company, Inc. newspapers
- Salinas Californian
- Accounting Today
- Computer Reseller News
- Micro Computer News
- VAR Business
- National speaking engagements on topics of taxation, business valuation, business operations, finance, computers, computer software and related matters.
- Recognized as an expert witness in the valuation of businesses, accounting and tax matters.
- Lecturer for courses on tax shelters for the University of California.
- Director, Accountant Alliances, ACCPAC International, Inc./NYSE:CA